Sunday, November 8, 2009

AuntCarol’s Meat Loaf

Looking for something easy??? Something that tastes good, too!!! Then you must try this recipe soon – because you can be enjoying a meat loaf dinner in less than 1 hour – from start-to-finish – so what are you waiting for – lets eat!!!

Ingredients

• 1 pkg. (1.5 oz.) McCormick Meat Loaf Seasoning Mix
• 1 pound lean ground beef
• 1 tablespoon olive oil, optional
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 1 egg
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1 slice bread, finely crumbled
• 1 pkg. (0.87 oz.) McCormick Brown Gravy Mix (optional)

Combine ground beef, chopped onion, egg, milk and bread with scant package of Seasoning Mix (scant meaning you use only 3/4s of the package). Mix well.

Shape into a loaf (I shape mine into the small round glass VISIONS casserole dish).

Bake in preheated 375 deg. oven, covered for about 30 minutes – uncovered for about another 15 minutes.

If you want a little gravy on the side here’s what I do – when I take the cover off of the meat loaf after it has baked for 30 minutes, I drain the broth off of the Meat Loaf right then into my 1-cup measuring cup – then I put the meat loaf back into the oven for another 15 minutes to brown up – to that little bit of meat loaf broth, I add cold water to equal 1 cup – then I empty gravy mix into a small saucepan. With a whisk, gradually stir in your cup of broth/water. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until gravy comes to a boil. Simmer 1 minute or until thickened.

Note: We like this meat loaf served with mashed potatoes and I always say FAKE brown gravy, and green beans – along with a side dish of applesauce - oh yum!!!

by:Aunt Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment