If you love peanut butter crackers, you’re in for a pleasant surprise – oh yum-yum !! No one can guess how easy these are – or how fast they disappear !!
• 1 cup JIF creamy peanut butter
• 1 pound peanut butter flavored coating wafers (either Merckens or Wilbur)
• 2 sleeves TOWN HOUSE crackers
• multi-colored Holiday sprinkles
1. Spread approximately 1 teaspoon peanut butter on each of half of the crackers. Top with remaining crackers to make peanut butter "sandwiches".
2. Melt peanut butter flavored coating wafers in the top of a double boiler over hot, not boiling, water. Remove from heat and keep coating in top of double boiler over hot water.
3. Dip each cracker "sandwich" in the melted coating, allowing excess to drain back into pot.
4. Place coated crackers on wax paper to cool. Sprinkle with multi-colored Holiday sprinkles. Allow coating to completely set, placing in refrigerator for 15 minutes, if necessary. Store between layers of wax paper in cool, dry place, or refrigerate. These also freeze well.
My written recipe notes that these can be made up a few days ahead of time, in fact – these taste better the next day, or the even the next, or even the next day after that – go ahead, hide a few – and you’ll agree !!