This is my very own recipe, created on Palm Sunday 1989... has that peanut butter melt-away texture that tastes like a Reese’s peanut butter cup...
• 3/4 pound butter, softened at room temp (I use Land O Lakes)
• 1-1/2 pound powdered sugar
• 1 pound JIF creamy peanut butter
• 8 ounces KRAFT marshmallow creme
• 1 tablespoon real vanilla
• 1 pound milk chocolate coating wafers (either Merckens or Wilbur)
BEAT softened butter and 1/2 lb. powdered sugar until light and fluffy *do not over beat*.
ADD peanut butter and marshmallow creme and whip until smooth *only until smooth*.
ADD vanilla *blend well*.
Knead in the other pound of powdered sugar *by hand*.
Shape into Easter eggs *wax paper or parchment paper a must* for cooling and dipping.
Let set in the fridge overnight *or* set some place cool for a few hours.
When *cold* dip into chocolate coating by melting your milk chocolate coating wafers in the top of a double boiler over hot, not boiling, water. Remove from heat and keep coating in top of double boiler over hot water.
Makes 3 to 4 dozen