Saturday, January 22, 2011

Buttercream Icing

Ingredients:

1 stick of butter

1 stick - (or one cup) of Crisco butter flavored shortening.
(the stick form sold at the store is already equal to one cup of shortening..easier to use!)

1 16 ounce box of 10x powdered confectioners sugar

1/4 cup of water

1 teaspoon of vanilla (I put the vanilla in the 1/4 cup of water)


MIX all ingredients in a standing mixer for a FULL 10 minutes!
(I stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of bowl once to make sure it is all getting mixed well)


That's it! I usually put this icing on a devils food cake that I have baked (box mix) ;)
The raves and reviews you will get will be amazing, I can guarantee it!

I have had friends tell me they eat the cake for breakfast after I have brought it over for them the night before! LOL!


one tip...
I use a little bit less water than the 1/4 cup.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we all do.
God Bless Lillian, I aspire to be just like her one day!

Louise in FL

No comments:

Post a Comment