Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Whisky Glass Cookies

3 cups Fleishmanns margarine
1/2 pint whipping cream
6 cups flour

Mix margarine and cream with mixer. Cut in flour as for pie crust. (I use a stand mixer). Chill one hour or overnight. Roll thin (the ones in the pic were too thick) and cut out round shapes with a whisky/shot glass or other small round shape. Sprinkle with sugar and poke with fork three times (or they will puff up). Bake on greased cookie sheet 6-8 minutes.

I usually use flour and granulated sugar mixed to roll these out. Seems to work well.

Butter cream frosting

3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
1-1/2 t vanilla
about 2 T milk

mix powdered sugar and butter. Stir in vanilla and milk, beat until smooth. Add food coloring.

Frost one cookie and top with another to make a sandwich.

My Ex-husband's mother gave me this recipe. She got from a friend who insisted you must use Fleishmanns margarine. I'm sure it would work well with another brand but I've never taken that chance. LOL

by:Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment