2 Packages of frozen dinner rolls (1pack is 450-500g & contains 12rolls)
1 cup Brown Sugar
¼ cup Vanilla Pudding mix powder (Instant)
2 tbsp Cinnamon, ground
½ cup Butter, melted
1) Place FROZEN buns into an oven safe dish/pan or casserole dish. (Buns should be crowded & can be 2 layers deep if desired. Make sure to allow for enough height for buns to expand in oven without overflowing the dish.)
2) Combine all Cinnamon glaze ingredients together and pour into the baking dish with frozen buns. Mix well so that all frozen buns are well coated.
3) Cover container with a cloth and allow to sit out unrefrigerated overnight (or 8-12hours) at room temp. (Do not skip this step!)
4) Put uncovered buns into the oven at 350°F for approximately 25mins (check at about 20mins)
N.B. If your oven tends to burn/brown things especially quickly, cover loosely with foil for the first 10mins or so
5) Remove from oven, let cool until you won’t burn completely your mouth.
The recipe can be split into two containers and one set aside to bake for later. While I haven't tried freezing it prebaked (yet),it seems that would work espeically well ... then just set out overnight to defrost and bake as usual.
It's also easy to half the glaze recipe and bake with 1 package of buns (instead of two).
These are great because they're so simply to make and taste amazing!! They're also a great thing to send over to a family going through an illness, death in the family, or birth of a child ... either:
pre-baked, still frozen
pre-baked,defrosted (if defrosted keep in fridge up to 1day)
fresh from the oven, ready to eat (they reheat very very well.
Hope people like this !!